Top Most Common Workplace InjuriesFriday, February 15th, 2019, 7:41 pm
It is estimated that every seven seconds a worker is injured on the job. That means every year over 4 million people are injured at work. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our practice aims to treat your work-related injuries with a direct plan by focusing on optimizing your recovery time. If you have been injured on the job and are seeking workers comp in Valley Stream, contact us today to get started. Below we have listed some of the more common work injuries:
Workers Comp In Valley Stream
1. Repetitive Motion Injuries - This type of injury is less obvious, but certainly harmful in the long run. Consistent, repetitive motions like typing and computer use can cause back pain, neck pain, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
2. Vehicle Accidents – Employees who drive for their company can get into auto accidents and potentially suffer from whiplash. The intense impact can cause the muscles in the neck to stretch and sometimes tear.
3. Reaction Injuries - This type of injury can lead to muscle injuries, and be caused by slipping or tripping without falling. It can be hard to prevent these types of events from occurring, but staying alert in your environment is essential.
4. Falling - This type of injury happens when you fall from an elevated area. They can be caused by slipping, falling, or faulty equipment, leading to breaks, contusions, and more.
5. Slipping or Tripping – This type of injury pertains to falls on slippery grounds or accidental trips over equipment for instance. Attention to what is going on around you is required for ultimate safety.
6. Overexertion Injuries - This type of injury includes injuries related to pulling, lifting, pushing, and carrying. Overexertion is a very common workplace injury that takes time to help treat.
While injuries at work occur at a staggering rate, most of the time they can be prevented. If you're injured and looking for workers comp in Valley Stream or Oceanside, taking fast action is important. Make an appointment with our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today to get started!
Category: Workers Comp