Wednesday, January 8th, 2020
If you have recently been injured at work, you may have concerns about receiving workers' compensation and where you would go if an injury were to occur. Comprehensive Healthcare Group is a great option when looking for a doctor who accepts workers comp in Oceanside. We can help with all kinds of injuries involved in workers' compensation cases and will help you get back to work so you don't have to worry about issues with your wages and being paid. With workers' compensation cases there are several different types of compensation that an employee can receive from their employer covering different needs based on the incident that occurred.
Medical Treatment With Workers Comp in Oceanside:
If you are injured or become ill due to conditions of your work you can file for workers comp so that your employer will cover the costs of your medical care. If you suffer an injury on the job and need a chiropractor or physical therapist who accepts workers comp in Oceanside the team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group are here to help you! There are some areas of your treatment that you can receive compensation for, including:
- Doctor’s appointments.
- Hospital and emergency room visits.
- Therapy and rehabilitation.
- Recovery equipment.
You may find yourself in a situation where you are left disabled by a work-related injury or illness. Depending on the severity of your injury or disability will determine how your case is handled by your employer. There are 4 categories for disability:
- Temporary total disability- Worker is completely unable to work for a short period but can return to work at full capacity.
- Temporary partial disability- an employee can work at diminished capacity without needing time off.
- Permanent total disability- Employees can no longer work their position.
- Permanent partial disability- Employees can return to work but never at the same role or capacity they once worked at.
Workers' compensation can also cover ongoing treatments for recovery such as physical therapy or chiropractic treatments. This is used if the employee needs rehabilitation to relearn skills they need for their position or strengthen areas of their body needed to properly do their job. You may receive a Transferable Skills Analysis test which aids in identifying any areas that an injured employee can still participate in work. If you suffer an injury while working and are looking for a chiropractor or physical therapist who accepts workers comp in Oceanside, we can help you heal!
Workers Comp in Oceanside:
If you find yourself with a debilitating work injury or illness the last thing you want to have to worry about is finding a place to help you heal and recover. Comprehensive Healthcare Group has the experience and expertise to help with almost any injury you may suffer from work or otherwise. We are dedicated to helping you heal and know how stressful it can be worrying about having your wages compensated while you are away from work and recovering. We accept workers comp in Oceanside and want to help you get back to working as soon as possible!
Friday, February 15th, 2019
It is estimated that every seven seconds a worker is injured on the job. That means every year over 4 million people are injured at work. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our practice aims to treat your work-related injuries with a direct plan by focusing on optimizing your recovery time. If you have been injured on the job and are seeking workers comp in Valley Stream, contact us today to get started. Below we have listed some of the more common work injuries:
Workers Comp In Valley Stream
1. Repetitive Motion Injuries - This type of injury is less obvious, but certainly harmful in the long run. Consistent, repetitive motions like typing and computer use can cause back pain, neck pain, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
2. Vehicle Accidents – Employees who drive for their company can get into auto accidents and potentially suffer from whiplash. The intense impact can cause the muscles in the neck to stretch and sometimes tear.
3. Reaction Injuries - This type of injury can lead to muscle injuries, and be caused by slipping or tripping without falling. It can be hard to prevent these types of events from occurring, but staying alert in your environment is essential.
4. Falling - This type of injury happens when you fall from an elevated area. They can be caused by slipping, falling, or faulty equipment, leading to breaks, contusions, and more.
5. Slipping or Tripping – This type of injury pertains to falls on slippery grounds or accidental trips over equipment for instance. Attention to what is going on around you is required for ultimate safety.
6. Overexertion Injuries - This type of injury includes injuries related to pulling, lifting, pushing, and carrying. Overexertion is a very common workplace injury that takes time to help treat.
While injuries at work occur at a staggering rate, most of the time they can be prevented. If you're injured and looking for workers comp in Valley Stream or Oceanside, taking fast action is important. Make an appointment with our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today to get started!
Monday, January 21st, 2019
What you do for a living can have a significant impact on your body – and your job doesn’t have to be physical for that to be true. Many different kinds of injuries can occur in the workplace. If you have been injured on the job, it’s important you know what the next steps should be in order to proceed with the right treatment. Contact our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group if you are seeking workers comp in Oceanside or Valley Stream today.
Listed are some injuries that can occur at work, and how chiropractic care can help to avoid or treat them:
- Back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Neck pain
- Nerve damage
- Injuries from overuse or overexertion
- Fall injuries
- Ergonomic problems
Once your injury has been diagnosed, then treatment will include the drug-free and natural method of chiropractic care to address the injury. Chiropractic care is an effective approach focused on disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Our chiropractor can perform spinal manipulations, heat/ice therapy, and exercise therapy as various forms of treatment. Spinal manipulation, for instance, includes a hands-on manipulation of the problem area, most notably the spine to help improve blood flow, posture, back injuries, neck injuries, and more. Our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group will work with you to determine the best treatment option for you and your injury.
Workers comp in Oceanside
Chiropractic care is an effective treatment option for chronic conditions, muscle strains, or pain relief. By seeking chiropractic care, you can often recover more quickly and get back to work faster. By getting chiropractic treatments on a regular basis, you can also help decrease your chances of getting injured on the job in the first place. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, every treatment offered has one goal in mind, to restore your body's full function. If you are looking for workers comp in Oceanside, contact us at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today.
Wednesday, December 26th, 2018
Shoulder pain and/or injury is extremely common when it comes to work-related injuries. Our shoulders are used daily, so treating any issues you may have with them should be a top priority. If you’re looking for workers comp in Valley Stream, then look no further than Comprehensive Healthcare Group. We offer treatment from our board-certified physicians who provide the highest quality care.
Common shoulder injuries:
Injuries or chronic shoulder pain can limit us when it comes to our jobs. The most common shoulder injuries you might be suffering from include:
- A fracture
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- A dislocated shoulder
What can you do to prevent shoulder pain/injury at work?
If you’re someone who is suffering from constant shoulder pain, you may want to try and make some adjustments to your routine. Try some of these tips for minimizing your shoulder pain:
- Work on your posture
- Rearrange your workspace
- Incorporate getting up and walking into your break time
- Work on being more stress-free
- Stretch before and after work
- Ask for help if you’re lifting heavier objects and/or machinery
- Perform the correct form when lifting heavy objects
When should you seek workers comp in Valley Stream:
Shoulder pain or injury can limit your working capabilities or even force you to take time off. If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, it may be time to contact us at Comprehensive Healthcare Group:
- Shoulder pain occurring throughout the day
- Persistent pain
- Swelling or bruising around the joint or arm
- Inability to use the arm
- Inability to carry things
- Inability to raise your arm
What does CHG have to offer:
At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we offer a variety of treatment methods for your shoulder pain and/or injury. Our team will assess your injury or condition, and set you up with the best possible treatment option for your recovery process. To relieve your shoulder pain, we offer treatments such as:
- Trigger Point Injections
- Joint Injections
- Kinesio Taping Method/Muscle Strapping
Look no further than our experienced team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group. By making an appointment with us, you’ll be receiving top-quality care as soon as possible. If you are looking for workers comp in Valley Stream, contact us today!
Monday, December 10th, 2018
Comprehensive Healthcare Group specializes in treating patients with work-related injuries. The goal of our program is to efficiently rehabilitate injured workers, reduce their pain, and to lessen the number of days lost to getting back to work. Our team at CHG is here to help you get back to feeling like yourself as quickly as possible. While working efficiently to treat your injury, we offer personal one-on-one care that will allow you to reach your goals and return to work comfortably.
Our workers comp in Valley Stream or Oceanside will be customized for each patient and can include:
- Work conditioning
- Return-to-work assessments
Our evaluations and treatments for patients with work-related injuries can include:
- Evaluating the strength and endurance
- Assessing the ability to perform work-related duties
- Teaching pain and symptom management
- Customized treatment plans
- Personalized at home exercises
- Assessments to see if the patient is fit to return to work
Being injured at work can cause significant stress, pain, and aggravation affecting your ability to work and provide the needs of the company effectively. Our main priority is to ensure that your pain and discomfort are relieved fast, and you can safely return to work promptly. We emphasize the following when it comes to your recovery after a work-related injury:
- Relieving pain
- Restoring range of motion
- Regaining strength and stamina
- Ensuring a full recovery
- Educating pain management to prevent future injuries from occurring
Workers comp in Valley Stream
Schedule your appointment today at Comprehensive Healthcare Group to learn more about our workers comp in Valley Stream or Oceanside and our work-related injury program. We know the importance of getting back to work fast and pain-free. So, the sooner you see one of our team members, the faster you can get back to work. Contact us today for more information!
Friday, November 30th, 2018
If you have been injured on the job, our goal at Comprehensive Healthcare Group is to get you back to work safely and quickly. We work with a variety of workers compensation insurance carriers and will document your treatment closely. Our staff has been serving patients in the Oceanside and Valley Stream areas for many years with services including chiropractic care, physical therapy, and more. Contact us today if you are looking for workers comp in Oceanside!
How do job-related injuries even happen?
Getting injured on the job often happens in work settings where you are performing motions like pulling, lifting, and carrying, in repetition which can eventually lead to overexertion and injury. If you participate in actions like these while at work, then you may be at risk for suffering from an overextension injury like strains, sprains, pulled muscles, and more. It’s important to know you’re at risk for injuries such as:
- Slipping, falling, or tripping
- Straining your muscles
- Being hit by a falling object
- Repetitive strains due to overexertion
For employers and caseworkers:
One of the most challenging things an employer has on his plate is maintaining a healthy workforce. This can be very hard to accomplish, especially in a labor-intensive employment environment. We know the importance of having an injury-free staff where employees can perform their work duties safely and efficiently. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we specialize in a variety of workers compensation services that can be beneficial for employers and employees.
We take workers comp in Oceanside:
When dealing with insurance carriers and attorneys specializing in workers comp, it’s necessary to find a physician that’s capable of communicating with not only the patient but outside parties as well. At CHG our workers’ compensation services follow these steps to ensure we are providing top-quality care while also abiding by all rules:
- Getting to your appointment within the first 24 hours
- Offering disability assessments
- A prognosis including permanent injury loss of function schedules
- Expert medico-legal witnesses for their respective specialties and second opinion consultations
- Written reports that are concise and follow all legal requirements
If you live in or near Valley Stream or Oceanside, then Comprehensive Healthcare Group should be your first choice when it comes to treating job-related injuries. Our team has been trained in caring for the injuries that can occur in the workplace. As experts in workers compensation, we will be able to draw up the best treatment plan for you.
Workers Compensation and Work Conditioning Programs:
Our team will work side by side with case managers and safety managers communicating effectively to aid in the effort of solving your case. Our program will involve specific return to work activities to replicate a typical work day for you to ensure that you have the tools and knowledge to return to work safely, as well as help in making corrections to your form and function so that you can build strength, endurance, and knowledge. Whether you work at a high labor intensive job or a desk job, we will teach you the correct body ergonomics needed to help prevent injury at work.
Workers Comp in Oceanside
Immediate action is essential when it comes to on the job injuries. If you are someone who is looking for workers comp in Oceanside or Valley Stream, make an appointment with our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today!