Treatment For Low Back PainThursday, June 7th, 2018, 1:00 pm
Many patients report having low back pain throughout their lives. This pain can be caused by anything from poor posture to a herniated disc . Significant research has been conducted to show that low back pain should be treated with chiropractic care in the early stages of treatment. Not only is it effective, but it safe and non-invasive. To make an appointment with a chiropractor in Valley Stream or Oceanside, contact us here.
Common Reasons for Low Back Pain
Low back pain can be caused by a wide variety of things. Sometimes injuries to the vertebrae can create inflammation and pain, and other times poor posture is the sole cause for low back pain. Some of the most common reasons that patients suffer from low back pain are:
- A torn or pulled ligament and/or muscle in the back!
- Also known as a sprain or strain, these injuries are common because they can be caused by so many different things (lifting a heavy object, poor posture, over-stretching, slipping and/or falling down).
- If you think you may have pulled or torn a muscle in your back, contact us here to make an appointment with a chiropractor in Valley Stream.
- Sports injuries
- Degenerative disc disease
- A disease in which the disc between vertebrae within the spine loses hydration, causing tears and weakness.
- Spinal stenosis
- A condition where the spinal canal narrows, compressing the nerves and causing pain.
- Joint dysfunction
Chiropractic Treatments for Low Back Pain
Why should you choose chiropractic as one of your first lines of treatment? The methods that chiropractors use involve little to no risks and zero pharmaceutical drugs. In those that suffer from low back pain, many different treatment options are available. For a chiropractor in Valley Stream, contact us here to make an appointment. Treatment methods can include the following:
- Chiropractic spinal adjustment
- Chiropractors will use their hands to manually align the spine into its proper position. This can improve range of motion, reduce irritability, and most importantly reduce low back pain.
- This is a more gentle approach to spinal manipulation, using a lower-velocity adjustment speed to increase the range of motion in the spine.
- Heat and cold therapy
- Using heating pads and ice packs can reduce inflammation and allow for more blood to flow to the affected area.
- Diet counseling
- Many chiropractors may offer lifestyle advice on how you may change some habits such as eating for weight loss to relieve the pressure that the extra weight adds to your back.
- This provides deep heat to areas reducing pain and inflammation.
To treat your low back pain safely, effectively and non-invasively, contact us here to make an appointment with a chiropractor in Valley Stream.