Posts Tagged ‘Chiropractor in Valley Stream’
Friday, June 21st, 2019
Straining yourself because of neck pain can not only be discouraging but it can also become a hindrance to everyday activities. No matter the initial cause of injury, neck discomfort needs to be resolved with utmost haste in order to help prevent other complications from occurring.
In most cases, neck pain can range from either temporary to chronic, depending upon the severity. In order to properly treat this condition, you may need to receive both physical therapy as well as chiropractic care for long-lasting results. These two forms of treatment go hand-in-hand when treating chronic pain of the spine and neck. Our office not only offers a chiropractor in Valley Stream but also physical therapy for our patient's convenience. If you have neck pain, your first step is to determine the cause, and the next step is to visit Comprehensive Healthcare Group to receive treatment and the proper care.
Unfortunately, neck pain can be caused by an abundance of factors. On some occasions, radiating pain can be stimulated due to an injury, other times the cause may not be quite as clear. Visiting a chiropractor in Valley Stream and receiving tests can help you figure out the cause of your pain. Some of the most common potential causes for your neck pain may include the following:
- Overuse Injuries - this type of neck pain is typically temporary and results from straining your neck muscles over a long period of time.
- Arthritis - all of your joints are at risk for being worn down from arthritis, and the neck is no exception. The deterioration of the soft tissues surrounding your joint bones can cause pain and discomfort in the long term, especially when using the joint often as a result of repetitive motions.
- Pinched Nerve (Cervical Radiculopathy) - this condition can affect the sensitive nerve endings in the spine, leading to pain radiating throughout the neck area. The compression of the nerves along your spine can be the result of a herniated or degenerated disc in the spinal column.
- Headaches/Migraines - these conditions can cause pain and stiffness in the neck as a result of the pain and heaviness felt in the head.
If you’re unsure of the cause of your neck pain, visiting your physician and determining why you’re experiencing pain is the first step towards healing. Once you’ve determined the cause, you can begin your treatment by receiving specialized care.
How a Physical Therapist and Chiropractor in Valley Stream Can Benefit You:
A physical therapist may offer both passive and active physical therapy to help treat your neck pain. Passive physical therapy includes treatments like massage therapy, the application of ice or heat, or electrotherapy. Active physical therapy treatments will involve you doing specified movements which stretch and work the muscles in the neck.
Pairing physical therapy with chiropractic care can offer huge benefits, as one complements the other. While receiving physical therapy, getting regular chiropractic adjustments of the neck can realign the joints, improve mobility and flexibility, reduce inflammation and pain. Some benefits of utilizing a physical therapist and chiropractor in Valley Stream include:
- Potential for pain reductions.
- Boosted mobility.
- Improved flexibility.
- Strengthened muscles, helping to increase injury prevention.
- Increased range of motion, making movements more comfortable.
- Improvement in joint function.
If you’re looking to complement your physical therapy with chiropractic care, Comprehensive Healthcare Group can offer you the treatment and relief you need. Contact our Chiropractor in Valley Stream to schedule an appointment to stop your neck pain today.
Friday, May 17th, 2019
Golf elbow and tennis elbow are common injuries among active people, and (despite popular belief) you do not need to play either sport to suffer these complications. They are both overuse injuries that are the result of straining the muscles and tendons surrounding the elbow. Both can occur in anyone who repeatedly exerts force on the area. Since both of these injuries occur in the elbow, it’s easy to confuse the two. Determining your injury can make it easier for you and a healthcare professional, such as a chiropractor near me, to treat it and prevent further damage to the areas. Our chiropractor in Valley Stream here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group can help you treat both golf and tennis elbow. To get started though, let’s discuss some of the primary differences between the two injuries.
Golf Elbow vs Tennis Elbow:
If your elbow radiates with pain after overuse or repetitive straining and forceful motion, you likely have one of these two injuries: golf elbow or tennis elbow.
- Golf elbow, or medial epicondylitis, is a condition that affects the inner side of the elbow. With this condition, the tendons that connect the muscles in charge of moving your wrist forward and grasping items are injured and radiate pain throughout the inner side of the elbow.
- Tennis elbow, or lateral epicondylitis, is a condition that affects the outer side of the elbow. With this condition, the tendons that connect the muscles in charge of moving your wrist and fingers backward are injured and create pain on the outer side of the arm.
The simplest way to identify which injury you have is by observing and identifying the specific pain areas and symptoms. This can be conducted with the help of a chiropractor near me.
Since these injuries are so similar, there is only one main distinction between the two, which is whether the pain is on the outer or inner elbow. Determining the location of your pain is the key to learning which injury you have developed.
Golf Elbow can usually be identified by the following symptoms:
- Pain on the inner side of the elbow, often moving down your inner forearm toward the wrist area.
- Wrist weakness.
- Tingling or numbness in the pinky and ring fingers.
- Pain when attempting to grip objects.
With Tennis Elbow, you’ll likely suffer from these symptoms:
- Pain on the outer side of the elbow, often moving down your outer arm toward the back of the hand.
- Forearm weakness.
- Pain when attempting to grip items.
How a Physical Therapist Or Chiropractor in Valley Stream Can Help:
At your first appointment, a physical therapist or chiropractor at Comprehensive Healthcare Group will examine your injury and determine which specific treatment plan is right for you. If there are certain misalignments in the body, these injuries can last longer in duration and be more painful. At the Comprehensive Health Care Group, we offer treatments that will create an ideal body alignment and relieve pain. Contact our chiropractor in Valley Stream today to schedule your first appointment!
Wednesday, April 24th, 2019
Back pain is one of the most common complaints connected to workplace injuries, and around 80% of people will encounter it at some point or another. If you have suffered from back pain, you know how impactful it can be on your overall physical health. Everyday activities and normal movements can become very painful and hard to accomplish. It is very important to make our back health a priority and look after our spine. If you are looking for a chiropractor in Valley Stream to help guide you towards optimal back health, contact us today at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today!
Back pain can occur from many different reasons and can impact anyone at any time. Examples of these pain stimulants may include:
- Failing to have proper posture, especially when sitting for a long period.
- Muscle or a ligament strain from heavy lifting.
- A bulging disk from your spine.
- Arthritis in the spine.
- Lack of exercise.
- Excess weight.
- High levels of stress and tension.
How Can You Prevent Back Pain?
Making a conscious effort to maintain a healthy positioning of your spine will only increase your injury prevention chances. While this may sound challenging, methods do exist for keeping your back in top-tier shape. These can include the following:
- Regular exercise and maintaining a healthy workout routine.
- Practicing good posture, try researching techniques that will help keep your back and neck in a comfortable position.
- Keeping your core muscles strong, remember to incorporate ab workouts into your exercise routines.
- Eating well & staying hydrated.
- Lifting heavy objects with proper form, failing to do so can result in potential injury.
- Monitoring your weight.
- Adjusting your sitting or workplace ergonomics.
- Seeing our chiropractor in Valley Stream regularly.
Don’t force yourself to endure your back-related discomfort. Instead, seek out further information about the services we offer to treat your back pain and get you feeling great once again! Keeping your back healthy is fundamental and taking action will be worth it for your overall health and wellbeing. If you’re experiencing any variation of back pain, our chiropractor in Valley Stream can help you find relief at Comprehensive Healthcare Group. Contact us today to get started.
Monday, January 21st, 2019
What you do for a living can have a significant impact on your body – and your job doesn’t have to be physical for that to be true. Many different kinds of injuries can occur in the workplace. If you have been injured on the job, it’s important you know what the next steps should be in order to proceed with the right treatment. Contact our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group if you are seeking workers comp in Oceanside or Valley Stream today.
Listed are some injuries that can occur at work, and how chiropractic care can help to avoid or treat them:
- Back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Neck pain
- Nerve damage
- Injuries from overuse or overexertion
- Fall injuries
- Ergonomic problems
Once your injury has been diagnosed, then treatment will include the drug-free and natural method of chiropractic care to address the injury. Chiropractic care is an effective approach focused on disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Our chiropractor can perform spinal manipulations, heat/ice therapy, and exercise therapy as various forms of treatment. Spinal manipulation, for instance, includes a hands-on manipulation of the problem area, most notably the spine to help improve blood flow, posture, back injuries, neck injuries, and more. Our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group will work with you to determine the best treatment option for you and your injury.
Workers comp in Oceanside
Chiropractic care is an effective treatment option for chronic conditions, muscle strains, or pain relief. By seeking chiropractic care, you can often recover more quickly and get back to work faster. By getting chiropractic treatments on a regular basis, you can also help decrease your chances of getting injured on the job in the first place. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, every treatment offered has one goal in mind, to restore your body's full function. If you are looking for workers comp in Oceanside, contact us at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today.
Wednesday, December 26th, 2018
Shoulder pain and/or injury is extremely common when it comes to work-related injuries. Our shoulders are used daily, so treating any issues you may have with them should be a top priority. If you’re looking for workers comp in Valley Stream, then look no further than Comprehensive Healthcare Group. We offer treatment from our board-certified physicians who provide the highest quality care.
Common shoulder injuries:
Injuries or chronic shoulder pain can limit us when it comes to our jobs. The most common shoulder injuries you might be suffering from include:
- A fracture
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- A dislocated shoulder
What can you do to prevent shoulder pain/injury at work?
If you’re someone who is suffering from constant shoulder pain, you may want to try and make some adjustments to your routine. Try some of these tips for minimizing your shoulder pain:
- Work on your posture
- Rearrange your workspace
- Incorporate getting up and walking into your break time
- Work on being more stress-free
- Stretch before and after work
- Ask for help if you’re lifting heavier objects and/or machinery
- Perform the correct form when lifting heavy objects
When should you seek workers comp in Valley Stream:
Shoulder pain or injury can limit your working capabilities or even force you to take time off. If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, it may be time to contact us at Comprehensive Healthcare Group:
- Shoulder pain occurring throughout the day
- Persistent pain
- Swelling or bruising around the joint or arm
- Inability to use the arm
- Inability to carry things
- Inability to raise your arm
What does CHG have to offer:
At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we offer a variety of treatment methods for your shoulder pain and/or injury. Our team will assess your injury or condition, and set you up with the best possible treatment option for your recovery process. To relieve your shoulder pain, we offer treatments such as:
- Trigger Point Injections
- Joint Injections
- Kinesio Taping Method/Muscle Strapping
Look no further than our experienced team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group. By making an appointment with us, you’ll be receiving top-quality care as soon as possible. If you are looking for workers comp in Valley Stream, contact us today!
Monday, December 10th, 2018
Comprehensive Healthcare Group specializes in treating patients with work-related injuries. The goal of our program is to efficiently rehabilitate injured workers, reduce their pain, and to lessen the number of days lost to getting back to work. Our team at CHG is here to help you get back to feeling like yourself as quickly as possible. While working efficiently to treat your injury, we offer personal one-on-one care that will allow you to reach your goals and return to work comfortably.
Our workers comp in Valley Stream or Oceanside will be customized for each patient and can include:
- Work conditioning
- Return-to-work assessments
Our evaluations and treatments for patients with work-related injuries can include:
- Evaluating the strength and endurance
- Assessing the ability to perform work-related duties
- Teaching pain and symptom management
- Customized treatment plans
- Personalized at home exercises
- Assessments to see if the patient is fit to return to work
Being injured at work can cause significant stress, pain, and aggravation affecting your ability to work and provide the needs of the company effectively. Our main priority is to ensure that your pain and discomfort are relieved fast, and you can safely return to work promptly. We emphasize the following when it comes to your recovery after a work-related injury:
- Relieving pain
- Restoring range of motion
- Regaining strength and stamina
- Ensuring a full recovery
- Educating pain management to prevent future injuries from occurring
Workers comp in Valley Stream
Schedule your appointment today at Comprehensive Healthcare Group to learn more about our workers comp in Valley Stream or Oceanside and our work-related injury program. We know the importance of getting back to work fast and pain-free. So, the sooner you see one of our team members, the faster you can get back to work. Contact us today for more information!
Friday, November 30th, 2018
If you have been injured on the job, our goal at Comprehensive Healthcare Group is to get you back to work safely and quickly. We work with a variety of workers compensation insurance carriers and will document your treatment closely. Our staff has been serving patients in the Oceanside and Valley Stream areas for many years with services including chiropractic care, physical therapy, and more. Contact us today if you are looking for workers comp in Oceanside!
How do job-related injuries even happen?
Getting injured on the job often happens in work settings where you are performing motions like pulling, lifting, and carrying, in repetition which can eventually lead to overexertion and injury. If you participate in actions like these while at work, then you may be at risk for suffering from an overextension injury like strains, sprains, pulled muscles, and more. It’s important to know you’re at risk for injuries such as:
- Slipping, falling, or tripping
- Straining your muscles
- Being hit by a falling object
- Repetitive strains due to overexertion
For employers and caseworkers:
One of the most challenging things an employer has on his plate is maintaining a healthy workforce. This can be very hard to accomplish, especially in a labor-intensive employment environment. We know the importance of having an injury-free staff where employees can perform their work duties safely and efficiently. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we specialize in a variety of workers compensation services that can be beneficial for employers and employees.
We take workers comp in Oceanside:
When dealing with insurance carriers and attorneys specializing in workers comp, it’s necessary to find a physician that’s capable of communicating with not only the patient but outside parties as well. At CHG our workers’ compensation services follow these steps to ensure we are providing top-quality care while also abiding by all rules:
- Getting to your appointment within the first 24 hours
- Offering disability assessments
- A prognosis including permanent injury loss of function schedules
- Expert medico-legal witnesses for their respective specialties and second opinion consultations
- Written reports that are concise and follow all legal requirements
If you live in or near Valley Stream or Oceanside, then Comprehensive Healthcare Group should be your first choice when it comes to treating job-related injuries. Our team has been trained in caring for the injuries that can occur in the workplace. As experts in workers compensation, we will be able to draw up the best treatment plan for you.
Workers Compensation and Work Conditioning Programs:
Our team will work side by side with case managers and safety managers communicating effectively to aid in the effort of solving your case. Our program will involve specific return to work activities to replicate a typical work day for you to ensure that you have the tools and knowledge to return to work safely, as well as help in making corrections to your form and function so that you can build strength, endurance, and knowledge. Whether you work at a high labor intensive job or a desk job, we will teach you the correct body ergonomics needed to help prevent injury at work.
Workers comp in Oceanside
Immediate action is essential when it comes to on the job injuries. If you are someone who is looking for workers comp in Oceanside or Valley Stream, make an appointment with our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today!
Wednesday, October 10th, 2018
Work-related injuries are a common cause of pain and long-term complications including herniated disc, osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and back strain. When preventative measures fail, Comprehensive Healthcare Group is here to help your body recover from these stresses. If you are looking for a chiropractor in Valley Stream, we are more than happy to help you return to work with expert chiropractic care, consultation, and training. We work as a team to provide you with the best education and techniques to help you recover.
Common Injuries in the workplace:
- Muscle strains and sprains due to heavy lifting
- Carpal tunnel syndrome due to excessive typing
- Falls from elevated areas
- Neck, back, and shoulder pain due to prolonged sitting
- Whiplash from a vehicular accident
Despite the various hazards in the workplace, there are precautions you can take to prevent a work-related injury. Many injuries are related to overexertion, decreased concentration, or repetitive motions. It is important to take a 5-minute break after half an hour of sitting to get up and stretch, circulate your blood, and adjust your posture. Small breaks can make a big difference in preventing pain, especially in the back and neck. Additionally, repetitive motions such as excessive typing should not be continued for more than 1 hour without taking a short break. This gives the muscle a chance to relax and avoid excessive pressure in the median nerve leading to carpal tunnel syndrome. Lastly, if your work involves a lot of driving, it is always important to drive attentively and safely with a seatbelt. This will help avoid any extreme whiplash or crash injury in the case of an accident.
How can Comprehensive Healthcare Group help your work-related injury?
Our services work with the body to speed recovery and pain relief. We will help improve the wellness of your body and functionality to have you feeling back to normal. We offer a range of methods including but not limited to:
- Spinal manipulation
- Massage therapy
- Exercise therapy
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Nutritional support
Workplace injuries are incredibly common, but don’t let them hold you back from achieving full recovery. Our chiropractor in Valley Stream offers a wide range of resources to help you feel like yourself again. Contact us today to make your appointment!
Wednesday, September 5th, 2018
Chiropractor in Valley Stream
When it comes to alleviating pain, one popular treatment option that is available to patients is chiropractic care. Chiropractic care takes a natural and holistic approach to health. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our chiropractor in Valley Stream can utilize several traditional and cutting-edge chiropractic services to treat a wide variety of different conditions.
What is Chiropractic Care?
At its core, chiropractic care is used to treat issues that affect the musculoskeletal system. Our chiropractors will utilize hands-on and alternative medical techniques to alleviate pain and to bring the body back into its proper alignment. The goal is to support and enhance the body’s natural healing process. Some of the most popular techniques that fall under chiropractic care include the following:
- Spinal Manipulation
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation:
- Massage Therapy
- Nutritional Support
- Exercise Therapy
Chiropractic Care Benefits:
Chiropractic care can offer patients with many benefits that they might not experience with using a more traditional treatment option. Here are some of the most important benefits that come with using chiropractic care.
It can treat many injuries/conditions: Our chiropractor in Valley Stream can use chiropractic care to treat many different injuries and conditions. Some of the major injuries/conditions include the following:
- Lower-back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
It is incredibly safe: One of the most important benefits of chiropractic care is the fact that it is noninvasive and safe. When faced with a painful condition or injury, many people will considerer undergoing surgery to stop the pain. While it can be effective, surgery can also be invasive and even dangerous. At the same time, some procedures require a lengthy recovery period. Chiropractic care has none of these negatives and is still effective at eliminating the pain.
It is natural: Another significant benefit of chiropractic care is the fact that it utilizes natural methods to treat patients. Some people will be prescribed pain medication after they suffer an injury to manage their symptoms. Pain medication can cause disruptive side effects. Addiction is also a risk of using pain medication. Chiropractic care has no risk for addiction, and the side effects are usually insignificant.
Chiropractor in Valley Stream
Overall, Chiropractic care is a safer and often more effective alternative to traditional treatment options such as surgery and pain medication. After determining which technique is right for you, our chiropractor in Valley Stream will develop a treatment plan that is specifically designed to meet your needs and objectives. If you are interested in learning more about chiropractic care, contact us today.
Monday, August 27th, 2018
It’s that time of year again! We have reached that point in the summer where many of us pack up, leave town, and go on a nice relaxing vacation. But getting to your destination is often a hassle and can ultimately put a lot of stress on your lower back. Avoiding long periods of travel cramped up in a car or plane can be difficult when going on vacation. Despite this, there are still some steps you can take to reduce lower back pain and prevent injuries while traveling this summer.
At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we offer chiropractic services that can treat a wide range of injuries and conditions. This summer, our chiropractor in Oceanside and Valley Stream will be able to help prevent your vacation from being ruined by lower back pain. Here are some steps you can take to prevent lower back pain while traveling this summer:
- Get Comfortable Immediately: Before you leave for your trip, make sure that you are as comfortable as possible while sitting in your seat to avoid future pain. You can achieve this by doing the following:
- Removing your wallet, keys, or phone from your back pocket to avoid problems with your spine alignment.
- Focus on your posture. Make sure to sit up straight with your chin pulled in and your legs uncrossed.
- Utilize a seat cushion for extra support. A rolled up jacket or sweater can also do the trick.
- Get Up And Stretch: Your spine will need a break from sitting down. Sitting in one spot for too long will cause your muscles to stiffen up and spasm, resulting in added stress and pain on your spine. If you get up to stretch every 20-30 minutes, it will allow for proper blood flow which brings oxygen and nutrients to your lower back. Our chiropractor in Oceanside and Valley Stream can also show you several exercises that will assist with preventing lower back pain during travel.
- Bring An Ice Pack/Heat Pack: Inflammation will often accompany lower back pain. Using an ice pack will reduce inflammation and muscle soreness while you travel. Heat packs can also be useful in alleviating lower back pain by loosening up the muscles. Portable heat packs and long-lasting heat wraps are convenient to have during any long trips this summer.
- Pack Properly: Not only are heavy bags an inconvenience, but they can create a lot of strain and stress on your back. You can avoid this by using a light suitcase with wheels instead of a bulky duffle bag. Also, make sure that you only bring what is necessary for the trip. The more items you pack, the more strain will be put on your back. Backpacks are also beneficial because they evenly distribute the weight on your shoulders.