Chiropractic treatment is a healthcare approach focused on disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Treatment centers on a hands-on manipulation of the problem area, most notably the spine. By mechanically adjusting the spinal column with diversified and non-force techniques, chiropractors work to effectively reduce or eliminate pain and restore function and balance to adults and children.
With a team of experienced chiropractors, CHG serves Long Island, from our locations in Oceanside and Valley Stream communities in Nassau County. Our chiropractic care focuses not only on the symptoms at hand, but also the body as a whole. Although spinal adjustment is the most common treatment used, chiropractors may use a variety of techniques to affect the joints and muscle tissues of the body.
- Neck, back and shoulder pain
- Strains and sprains
- Golf/tennis elbow
- Vertebral subluxation
- Sports injury and strengthening
- Sciatic pain relief
- Arthritis stiffness
- And more
Whether treating back pain, neck pain, or chronic headaches our Oceanside chiropractors rely on several powerful techniques to restore the relationship between structure and function of the human body. These allow the patient to take advantage of the powerful self-healing ability of the body, without relying on outside substances to treat their condition.
Treatment methods include:
- Spinal Manipulation: Also known as a "spinal adjustment." spinal manipulation involves safely moving a joint beyond its normal range of motion. The goal is to achieve spinal alignment, improve joint function, and promote overall better health.
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound treatments deliver “deep heat” therapy to certain target tissues in the body. Using special sound waves, ultrasound works to increase blood flow, reduce pain and decrease muscle stiffness.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation: Transcutaneous Electrical Muscle Stimulation (TEMS) uses low-frequency electrical pulses to cause muscles to contract. Often, this simple procedure can reduce muscle tension and increase blood flow to the site.
- Nutritional Support: Our highly qualified chiropractor has a Masters Degree in Nutrition and is trained to work with patients by implementing various weight reduction programs which incorporates vitamins and herbs.
- Exercise Therapy: Exercise therapy uses specific stretching and strength-training exercises to train damaged muscles, increase mobility, and strengthen the muscles surrounding the spine. For rehabilitation patients, exercise therapy is often incorporated to hasten the healing process.