Wednesday, January 8th, 2020
If you have recently been injured at work, you may have concerns about receiving workers' compensation and where you would go if an injury were to occur. Comprehensive Healthcare Group is a great option when looking for a doctor who accepts workers comp in Oceanside. We can help with all kinds of injuries involved in workers' compensation cases and will help you get back to work so you don't have to worry about issues with your wages and being paid. With workers' compensation cases there are several different types of compensation that an employee can receive from their employer covering different needs based on the incident that occurred.
If you are injured or become ill due to conditions of your work you can file for workers comp so that your employer will cover the costs of your medical care. If you suffer an injury on the job and need a chiropractor or physical therapist who accepts workers comp in Oceanside the team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group are here to help you! There are some areas of your treatment that you can receive compensation for, including:
- Doctor’s appointments.
- Hospital and emergency room visits.
- Therapy and rehabilitation.
- Recovery equipment.
You may find yourself in a situation where you are left disabled by a work-related injury or illness. Depending on the severity of your injury or disability will determine how your case is handled by your employer. There are 4 categories for disability:
- Temporary total disability- Worker is completely unable to work for a short period but can return to work at full capacity.
- Temporary partial disability- an employee can work at diminished capacity without needing time off.
- Permanent total disability- Employees can no longer work their position.
- Permanent partial disability- Employees can return to work but never at the same role or capacity they once worked at.
Workers' compensation can also cover ongoing treatments for recovery such as physical therapy or chiropractic treatments. This is used if the employee needs rehabilitation to relearn skills they need for their position or strengthen areas of their body needed to properly do their job. You may receive a Transferable Skills Analysis test which aids in identifying any areas that an injured employee can still participate in work. If you suffer an injury while working and are looking for a chiropractor or physical therapist who accepts workers comp in Oceanside, we can help you heal!
Workers Comp in Oceanside:
If you find yourself with a debilitating work injury or illness the last thing you want to have to worry about is finding a place to help you heal and recover. Comprehensive Healthcare Group has the experience and expertise to help with almost any injury you may suffer from work or otherwise. We are dedicated to helping you heal and know how stressful it can be worrying about having your wages compensated while you are away from work and recovering. We accept workers comp in Oceanside and want to help you get back to working as soon as possible!
Sunday, December 8th, 2019
Football is one of the most devastating sports in terms of sheer force placed on the body. The brutal aggression teams dole out to one another leaves no room to wonder why injuries so often occur in this sport. If you fall victim to an injury as a result of playing football, it will most likely be your goal to get back on the field as soon as possible. Lucky for you, the team here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group can perform physical therapy in Oceanside to help you get back on the field in an efficient time frame.
There is a wide range of injuries that can result from playing football, just as with most other sports. However, because of the aggressive nature of football, it is important to be aware of the most common injuries that can occur during play and how you can work to recover from them if they happen to you. Among the most common injuries sustained while playing football that can be treated with our physical therapy in Oceanside are ankle sprains, muscle strains, Achilles tendonitis, and ACL injuries.
Ankle sprains occur when the ligaments in your ankle are put under enough pressure to force them outside of their normal range-of-motion. From jukes to crushing tackles, there is an array of opportunities during a football game for a sudden, blunt force to be placed on your ankle and cause this injury. Though resting and icing your ankle is sometimes enough for treatment, partaking in physical therapy in Oceanside that utilizes balance and mobility training can also expedite the healing process.
When muscles or tendons are pushed to move beyond their limits, this is when strains occur. As an athlete, you are likely always trying to go above and beyond in your performance, which is why these types of injuries are so common. After experiencing a strain, you are at risk of reaggravating the injury if you do not allow time for proper healing. The team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group can help to restrengthen your muscle or tendon after a strain and reteach it to work in tandem with the rest of the body.
This condition usually starts with a mild ache in the back of the leg or above the heel and occurs when the Achilles tendon has been overused. Increasing the strain placed on this tendon before it can properly heal can lead to a complete tear or rupture. Treatment for a tear will most likely require surgery, which will prolong your recovery time.
Your anterior cruciate ligament, or ACL, helps stabilize the knee joint. It is also the most commonly injured ligament in the knee. These injuries are divided into the following grades depending on severity:
- Grade 1: This is considered to be a sprain. Mild damage has been done but the ligament remains intact and the joint is stable.
- Grade 2: Classification of a grade 2 injury is assigned when the ligament has been partially torn.
- Grade 3: This is when a complete tear of the ACL occurs. Surgery is often required to correct the injury and will sideline the athlete for the remainder of the season.
Each grade of ACL injury will require physical therapy in Oceanside for a smooth recovery. Your physical therapist will come up with exercises and stretches to help strengthen the damaged or surgically repair ligament and increase the stability of the compromised joint.
Football is one of America’s favorite pastimes. Many athletes watch the NFL every Sunday in hopes of one day being able to compete on the national stage themselves. However, suffering an injury and not receiving the proper treatment can derail this dream before it even takes off. If you’re facing an injury and are looking for top-quality care and a speedy recovery, Comprehensive Healthcare Group is here to help! Contact us for physical therapy in Oceanside today!
Wednesday, June 5th, 2019
Few things are more difficult to deal with in life than constant joint pain. To make matters worse, the drop in temperature and changes in barometric pressure that come with the winter season will do your joint pain no favors. Our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group understands this and wants to help you alleviate your joint pain year-round! By following some of the below tips, you can help reduce or avoid joint pain this winter.
- Stick To A Healthy Diet: With the holiday season in full swing, it can be easy to over-indulge in all of the delicious and festive food that comes around this time of year. While it is by no means an issue to enjoy this food, you need to make sure not to overdo it. Excess weight can put extra pressure on your joints, possibly leading to joint pain. By enjoying your food in moderation and sticking to a proper diet, you can manage your weight and reduce the risk of joint pain.
- Dress In Layers: The frigid temperatures can lead to an array of issues this winter, including joint pain. To help deal with the cold, make sure you layer up before stepping outside. By covering up typical problematic areas for joint pain such as your hands and knees, you can keep these areas nice and warm and stop joint pain in its tracks.
- Keep Your Vitamin D Levels Up: Low levels of vitamin D can increase your sensitivity to arthritis and joint pain. It can also put you at risk for developing osteoporosis. Since in the winter we often miss out on vitamin D taken in from sunlight, you can try increasing your consumption of the below to combat this:
- Orange Juice
- Egg Yolks
- Stay Active: Though it is extremely easy to skip out on exercising in the winter, staying active can help reduce joint pain. Inactive joints can become stiff and painful in the cold weather, meaning it is important that you find time to get some movement in. The great thing is that you can stay active and have a workout from the comfort of your own home! Some great exercises you can try to help combat joint stiffness are:
- Shoulder rolls.
- Side bends.
- Hip swings.
- Hamstring stretches.
- Pelvic tilts.
- Schedule An Appointment At Comprehensive Healthcare Group: One final way to help avoid joint pain this winter is to schedule an appointment with us at Comprehensive Healthcare Group. By providing services like physical therapy and chiropractic care we will determine the source of your joint pain and work tirelessly to relieve it. You’ll always be in great hands and receive the proper care when you visit our team.
If you dread the coming of winter each year due to increased joint pain, you are not alone. Our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group has the knowledge and treatment methods necessary to help you get back to living pain-free. If you’d like to learn more tips on how you can avoid joint pain this winter be sure to contact us today!
Wednesday, May 1st, 2019
Over the past decade, technology has become an essential component of our day to day lives. Typically, it has been said that Americans spend an average of 8.5 hours in front of a screen each day. We utilize technology for everything we do and unfortunately, our bodies are suffering from this.
What is tech neck?
People do not realize how serious the pain in our neck can be due to screen time. Tech neck is known as the tilt in our neck from looking down at our phones, which can cause great damage to our spinal cords. Tilting your head puts pressure on your spinal cord, which will soon after leading to back pain. If you spend most of your day on a computer or looking down at a phone screen, you may be developing tech neck already.
How can I avoid this?
Although it is very hard to not use our electronics, there are some ways to prevent this from occurring. Here are some tips on how to prevent this from occurring:
- While texting, bring your phone up to in front of you so you are not tilting your head down.
- Look with your eyes instead of with your head.
- For all you tech enthusiasts, it also may be time to lower the amount of time you use your electronics.
- For example, make a no phones at the table rule or turn off your notifications.
- Take breaks: if you are sitting at a desk, make sure you take a break from the screen every hour or so and take a walk.
- Exercise: make sure you are doing exercises to help strengthen the muscles around your neck.
How we can help:
Visiting a chiropractor or physical therapist at Comprehensive Healthcare Group is a great way to ensure you get the help you need to treat your tech neck. At CHG, we are dedicated to minimizing your neck and back pain caused by technology. Our chiropractic services provide hands-on manipulation for the problem area and work to reduce the pain. If you are experiencing constant neck pain, make sure to visit a chiropractor at Comprehensive Healthcare Group to help!
Friday, March 15th, 2019
Are you experiencing pain, soreness or stiffness surrounding your neck area? In most cases, this is one of the most telling signs of a whiplash injury. Whiplash occurs from the rapid forward and backward motion of the head. This type of injury is often caused by car accidents, but can also arise from a workplace injury, primarily one that requires the actions of physical labor. If you think you are experiencing whiplash as a result of a work injury, contact our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group to seek workers comp in Oceanside.
Some of the more common symptoms of whiplash can include but are not limited to the following:
- Neck pain, stiffness, or soreness.
- Increased neck pain with movement.
- Pain in the shoulder or back.
- Pain, numbness or tingling in the arm or hands.
These symptoms can range depending on the severity of the injury. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is necessary to get the help you need. Symptoms that don’t appear to be dissipating are especially circumspect.
What is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic care focuses on the body’s musculoskeletal structure, often centering around the spine. Chiropractic care uses hands-on manipulation to reduce pain in the body’s muscles, joints, ligaments, bones, and tendons. This manipulation can help restore mobility of joints and tissue that were once restricted by the injury.
Why is Chiropractic Care a Good Option for Whiplash?
Whiplash can cause injury to the neck, back, shoulders, arms, and hands. Chiropractic care can help reduce the pain that may occur in these areas of the body while increasing the body’s mobility. With the manipulation performed, your body can start the healing process faster, as opposed to enduring the pain without any treatment. Chiropractic care can also reduce the stiffness in your neck and allow for a broader range of motion. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we can help you decide the best treatment plan for your type of injury.
Do not suffer in discomfort from your whiplash any longer. Reach out to our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group to seek workers comp in Oceanside and to start your recovery process today!
Saturday, March 2nd, 2019
Running is a great way to get outside and get active-- it requires no equipment and it’s free! Runners are notorious for their persistence and stamina through tough workouts. However, it is possible for one to push themselves too hard, leading to an injury. Comprehensive Healthcare Group has treated a number of patients that experience both mild and severe running injuries. With running season here for the summer, it is critical to educate yourself on the possible injuries you become susceptible to and how to prevent them. Our team offers a variety of services to get you back on your feet if you fall victim to an injury!
Common Running Injuries:
If you are a runner it is very likely to experience one of the following injuries:
- Stress Fracture - For runners, it is common to sustain a stress fracture in the foot and shin. This hairline crack in the bone causes pain and discomfort in the surrounding area. A stress fracture is an overuse injury. If you continue to run and exercise with a stress fracture, the pain will worsen. Seeking out help from our team as well as resting is critical.
- Shin Splints - Shin splints are one of the most popular injuries amongst frequent runners. A shin splint can occur along the shin bone, on the inside and front of the lower leg. A shin splint will most likely occur if you abruptly change your exercises or distances.
- For example, if you typically run short distance but decide to switch to a longer distance, or are running for a longer period of time, you may begin to experience aches and pains.
- Runner’s Knee - Runner’s knee is an overuse injury and can be caused by a variety of factors. With immoderate exercise and continuous strain, the cartilage surrounding your kneecap will dissolve. Pain occurs when using stairs, squatting, and sitting with bent knees for extended periods of time.
Any runner can fall victim to injury, but more importantly, we need to know the proper steps towards preventing them. When sustaining any injury, it is critical to seek immediate medical attention. If an injury is neglected, your condition can worsen over time. Comprehensive Healthcare Group is dedicated to getting you back on your feet! Our practice offers a variety of treatment options and plans that cater specifically to your needs and goals. Schedule an appointment with us today!
Friday, February 15th, 2019
It is estimated that every seven seconds a worker is injured on the job. That means every year over 4 million people are injured at work. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our practice aims to treat your work-related injuries with a direct plan by focusing on optimizing your recovery time. If you have been injured on the job and are seeking workers comp in Valley Stream, contact us today to get started. Below we have listed some of the more common work injuries:
Workers Comp In Valley Stream
1. Repetitive Motion Injuries - This type of injury is less obvious, but certainly harmful in the long run. Consistent, repetitive motions like typing and computer use can cause back pain, neck pain, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
2. Vehicle Accidents – Employees who drive for their company can get into auto accidents and potentially suffer from whiplash. The intense impact can cause the muscles in the neck to stretch and sometimes tear.
3. Reaction Injuries - This type of injury can lead to muscle injuries, and be caused by slipping or tripping without falling. It can be hard to prevent these types of events from occurring, but staying alert in your environment is essential.
4. Falling - This type of injury happens when you fall from an elevated area. They can be caused by slipping, falling, or faulty equipment, leading to breaks, contusions, and more.
5. Slipping or Tripping – This type of injury pertains to falls on slippery grounds or accidental trips over equipment for instance. Attention to what is going on around you is required for ultimate safety.
6. Overexertion Injuries - This type of injury includes injuries related to pulling, lifting, pushing, and carrying. Overexertion is a very common workplace injury that takes time to help treat.
While injuries at work occur at a staggering rate, most of the time they can be prevented. If you're injured and looking for workers comp in Valley Stream or Oceanside, taking fast action is important. Make an appointment with our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today to get started!
Monday, January 21st, 2019
What you do for a living can have a significant impact on your body – and your job doesn’t have to be physical for that to be true. Many different kinds of injuries can occur in the workplace. If you have been injured on the job, it’s important you know what the next steps should be in order to proceed with the right treatment. Contact our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group if you are seeking workers comp in Oceanside or Valley Stream today.
Listed are some injuries that can occur at work, and how chiropractic care can help to avoid or treat them:
- Back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Neck pain
- Nerve damage
- Injuries from overuse or overexertion
- Fall injuries
- Ergonomic problems
Once your injury has been diagnosed, then treatment will include the drug-free and natural method of chiropractic care to address the injury. Chiropractic care is an effective approach focused on disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Our chiropractor can perform spinal manipulations, heat/ice therapy, and exercise therapy as various forms of treatment. Spinal manipulation, for instance, includes a hands-on manipulation of the problem area, most notably the spine to help improve blood flow, posture, back injuries, neck injuries, and more. Our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group will work with you to determine the best treatment option for you and your injury.
Workers comp in Oceanside
Chiropractic care is an effective treatment option for chronic conditions, muscle strains, or pain relief. By seeking chiropractic care, you can often recover more quickly and get back to work faster. By getting chiropractic treatments on a regular basis, you can also help decrease your chances of getting injured on the job in the first place. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, every treatment offered has one goal in mind, to restore your body's full function. If you are looking for workers comp in Oceanside, contact us at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today.
Friday, November 30th, 2018
If you have been injured on the job, our goal at Comprehensive Healthcare Group is to get you back to work safely and quickly. We work with a variety of workers compensation insurance carriers and will document your treatment closely. Our staff has been serving patients in the Oceanside and Valley Stream areas for many years with services including chiropractic care, physical therapy, and more. Contact us today if you are looking for workers comp in Oceanside!
How do job-related injuries even happen?
Getting injured on the job often happens in work settings where you are performing motions like pulling, lifting, and carrying, in repetition which can eventually lead to overexertion and injury. If you participate in actions like these while at work, then you may be at risk for suffering from an overextension injury like strains, sprains, pulled muscles, and more. It’s important to know you’re at risk for injuries such as:
- Slipping, falling, or tripping
- Straining your muscles
- Being hit by a falling object
- Repetitive strains due to overexertion
For employers and caseworkers:
One of the most challenging things an employer has on his plate is maintaining a healthy workforce. This can be very hard to accomplish, especially in a labor-intensive employment environment. We know the importance of having an injury-free staff where employees can perform their work duties safely and efficiently. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we specialize in a variety of workers compensation services that can be beneficial for employers and employees.
We take workers comp in Oceanside:
When dealing with insurance carriers and attorneys specializing in workers comp, it’s necessary to find a physician that’s capable of communicating with not only the patient but outside parties as well. At CHG our workers’ compensation services follow these steps to ensure we are providing top-quality care while also abiding by all rules:
- Getting to your appointment within the first 24 hours
- Offering disability assessments
- A prognosis including permanent injury loss of function schedules
- Expert medico-legal witnesses for their respective specialties and second opinion consultations
- Written reports that are concise and follow all legal requirements
If you live in or near Valley Stream or Oceanside, then Comprehensive Healthcare Group should be your first choice when it comes to treating job-related injuries. Our team has been trained in caring for the injuries that can occur in the workplace. As experts in workers compensation, we will be able to draw up the best treatment plan for you.
Workers Compensation and Work Conditioning Programs:
Our team will work side by side with case managers and safety managers communicating effectively to aid in the effort of solving your case. Our program will involve specific return to work activities to replicate a typical work day for you to ensure that you have the tools and knowledge to return to work safely, as well as help in making corrections to your form and function so that you can build strength, endurance, and knowledge. Whether you work at a high labor intensive job or a desk job, we will teach you the correct body ergonomics needed to help prevent injury at work.
Workers comp in Oceanside
Immediate action is essential when it comes to on the job injuries. If you are someone who is looking for workers comp in Oceanside or Valley Stream, make an appointment with our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today!
Wednesday, September 5th, 2018
Chiropractor in Valley Stream
When it comes to alleviating pain, one popular treatment option that is available to patients is chiropractic care. Chiropractic care takes a natural and holistic approach to health. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our chiropractor in Valley Stream can utilize several traditional and cutting-edge chiropractic services to treat a wide variety of different conditions.
What is Chiropractic Care?
At its core, chiropractic care is used to treat issues that affect the musculoskeletal system. Our chiropractors will utilize hands-on and alternative medical techniques to alleviate pain and to bring the body back into its proper alignment. The goal is to support and enhance the body’s natural healing process. Some of the most popular techniques that fall under chiropractic care include the following:
- Spinal Manipulation
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation:
- Massage Therapy
- Nutritional Support
- Exercise Therapy
Chiropractic Care Benefits:
Chiropractic care can offer patients with many benefits that they might not experience with using a more traditional treatment option. Here are some of the most important benefits that come with using chiropractic care.
It can treat many injuries/conditions: Our chiropractor in Valley Stream can use chiropractic care to treat many different injuries and conditions. Some of the major injuries/conditions include the following:
- Lower-back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
It is incredibly safe: One of the most important benefits of chiropractic care is the fact that it is noninvasive and safe. When faced with a painful condition or injury, many people will considerer undergoing surgery to stop the pain. While it can be effective, surgery can also be invasive and even dangerous. At the same time, some procedures require a lengthy recovery period. Chiropractic care has none of these negatives and is still effective at eliminating the pain.
It is natural: Another significant benefit of chiropractic care is the fact that it utilizes natural methods to treat patients. Some people will be prescribed pain medication after they suffer an injury to manage their symptoms. Pain medication can cause disruptive side effects. Addiction is also a risk of using pain medication. Chiropractic care has no risk for addiction, and the side effects are usually insignificant.
Chiropractor in Valley Stream
Overall, Chiropractic care is a safer and often more effective alternative to traditional treatment options such as surgery and pain medication. After determining which technique is right for you, our chiropractor in Valley Stream will develop a treatment plan that is specifically designed to meet your needs and objectives. If you are interested in learning more about chiropractic care, contact us today.