Friday, March 15th, 2019
Are you experiencing pain, soreness or stiffness surrounding your neck area? In most cases, this is one of the most telling signs of a whiplash injury. Whiplash occurs from the rapid forward and backward motion of the head. This type of injury is often caused by car accidents, but can also arise from a workplace injury, primarily one that requires the actions of physical labor. If you think you are experiencing whiplash as a result of a work injury, contact our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group to seek workers comp in Oceanside.
Some of the more common symptoms of whiplash can include but are not limited to the following:
- Neck pain, stiffness, or soreness.
- Increased neck pain with movement.
- Pain in the shoulder or back.
- Pain, numbness or tingling in the arm or hands.
These symptoms can range depending on the severity of the injury. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is necessary to get the help you need. Symptoms that don’t appear to be dissipating are especially circumspect.
What is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic care focuses on the body’s musculoskeletal structure, often centering around the spine. Chiropractic care uses hands-on manipulation to reduce pain in the body’s muscles, joints, ligaments, bones, and tendons. This manipulation can help restore mobility of joints and tissue that were once restricted by the injury.
Why is Chiropractic Care a Good Option for Whiplash?
Whiplash can cause injury to the neck, back, shoulders, arms, and hands. Chiropractic care can help reduce the pain that may occur in these areas of the body while increasing the body’s mobility. With the manipulation performed, your body can start the healing process faster, as opposed to enduring the pain without any treatment. Chiropractic care can also reduce the stiffness in your neck and allow for a broader range of motion. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we can help you decide the best treatment plan for your type of injury.
Do not suffer in discomfort from your whiplash any longer. Reach out to our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group to seek workers comp in Oceanside and to start your recovery process today!
Saturday, March 2nd, 2019
Running is a great way to get outside and get active-- it requires no equipment and it’s free! Runners are notorious for their persistence and stamina through tough workouts. However, it is possible for one to push themselves too hard, leading to an injury. Comprehensive Healthcare Group has treated a number of patients that experience both mild and severe running injuries. With running season here for the summer, it is critical to educate yourself on the possible injuries you become susceptible to and how to prevent them. Our team offers a variety of services to get you back on your feet if you fall victim to an injury!
Common Running Injuries:
If you are a runner it is very likely to experience one of the following injuries:
- Stress Fracture - For runners, it is common to sustain a stress fracture in the foot and shin. This hairline crack in the bone causes pain and discomfort in the surrounding area. A stress fracture is an overuse injury. If you continue to run and exercise with a stress fracture, the pain will worsen. Seeking out help from our team as well as resting is critical.
- Shin Splints - Shin splints are one of the most popular injuries amongst frequent runners. A shin splint can occur along the shin bone, on the inside and front of the lower leg. A shin splint will most likely occur if you abruptly change your exercises or distances.
- For example, if you typically run short distance but decide to switch to a longer distance, or are running for a longer period of time, you may begin to experience aches and pains.
- Runner’s Knee - Runner’s knee is an overuse injury and can be caused by a variety of factors. With immoderate exercise and continuous strain, the cartilage surrounding your kneecap will dissolve. Pain occurs when using stairs, squatting, and sitting with bent knees for extended periods of time.
Any runner can fall victim to injury, but more importantly, we need to know the proper steps towards preventing them. When sustaining any injury, it is critical to seek immediate medical attention. If an injury is neglected, your condition can worsen over time. Comprehensive Healthcare Group is dedicated to getting you back on your feet! Our practice offers a variety of treatment options and plans that cater specifically to your needs and goals. Schedule an appointment with us today!
Friday, February 15th, 2019
It is estimated that every seven seconds a worker is injured on the job. That means every year over 4 million people are injured at work. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our practice aims to treat your work-related injuries with a direct plan by focusing on optimizing your recovery time. If you have been injured on the job and are seeking workers comp in Valley Stream, contact us today to get started. Below we have listed some of the more common work injuries:
Workers Comp In Valley Stream
1. Repetitive Motion Injuries - This type of injury is less obvious, but certainly harmful in the long run. Consistent, repetitive motions like typing and computer use can cause back pain, neck pain, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
2. Vehicle Accidents – Employees who drive for their company can get into auto accidents and potentially suffer from whiplash. The intense impact can cause the muscles in the neck to stretch and sometimes tear.
3. Reaction Injuries - This type of injury can lead to muscle injuries, and be caused by slipping or tripping without falling. It can be hard to prevent these types of events from occurring, but staying alert in your environment is essential.
4. Falling - This type of injury happens when you fall from an elevated area. They can be caused by slipping, falling, or faulty equipment, leading to breaks, contusions, and more.
5. Slipping or Tripping – This type of injury pertains to falls on slippery grounds or accidental trips over equipment for instance. Attention to what is going on around you is required for ultimate safety.
6. Overexertion Injuries - This type of injury includes injuries related to pulling, lifting, pushing, and carrying. Overexertion is a very common workplace injury that takes time to help treat.
While injuries at work occur at a staggering rate, most of the time they can be prevented. If you're injured and looking for workers comp in Valley Stream or Oceanside, taking fast action is important. Make an appointment with our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today to get started!
Monday, January 21st, 2019
What you do for a living can have a significant impact on your body – and your job doesn’t have to be physical for that to be true. Many different kinds of injuries can occur in the workplace. If you have been injured on the job, it’s important you know what the next steps should be in order to proceed with the right treatment. Contact our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group if you are seeking workers comp in Oceanside or Valley Stream today.
Listed are some injuries that can occur at work, and how chiropractic care can help to avoid or treat them:
- Back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Neck pain
- Nerve damage
- Injuries from overuse or overexertion
- Fall injuries
- Ergonomic problems
Once your injury has been diagnosed, then treatment will include the drug-free and natural method of chiropractic care to address the injury. Chiropractic care is an effective approach focused on disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Our chiropractor can perform spinal manipulations, heat/ice therapy, and exercise therapy as various forms of treatment. Spinal manipulation, for instance, includes a hands-on manipulation of the problem area, most notably the spine to help improve blood flow, posture, back injuries, neck injuries, and more. Our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group will work with you to determine the best treatment option for you and your injury.
Workers comp in Oceanside
Chiropractic care is an effective treatment option for chronic conditions, muscle strains, or pain relief. By seeking chiropractic care, you can often recover more quickly and get back to work faster. By getting chiropractic treatments on a regular basis, you can also help decrease your chances of getting injured on the job in the first place. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, every treatment offered has one goal in mind, to restore your body's full function. If you are looking for workers comp in Oceanside, contact us at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today.
Friday, November 30th, 2018
If you have been injured on the job, our goal at Comprehensive Healthcare Group is to get you back to work safely and quickly. We work with a variety of workers compensation insurance carriers and will document your treatment closely. Our staff has been serving patients in the Oceanside and Valley Stream areas for many years with services including chiropractic care, physical therapy, and more. Contact us today if you are looking for workers comp in Oceanside!
How do job-related injuries even happen?
Getting injured on the job often happens in work settings where you are performing motions like pulling, lifting, and carrying, in repetition which can eventually lead to overexertion and injury. If you participate in actions like these while at work, then you may be at risk for suffering from an overextension injury like strains, sprains, pulled muscles, and more. It’s important to know you’re at risk for injuries such as:
- Slipping, falling, or tripping
- Straining your muscles
- Being hit by a falling object
- Repetitive strains due to overexertion
For employers and caseworkers:
One of the most challenging things an employer has on his plate is maintaining a healthy workforce. This can be very hard to accomplish, especially in a labor-intensive employment environment. We know the importance of having an injury-free staff where employees can perform their work duties safely and efficiently. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we specialize in a variety of workers compensation services that can be beneficial for employers and employees.
We take workers comp in Oceanside:
When dealing with insurance carriers and attorneys specializing in workers comp, it’s necessary to find a physician that’s capable of communicating with not only the patient but outside parties as well. At CHG our workers’ compensation services follow these steps to ensure we are providing top-quality care while also abiding by all rules:
- Getting to your appointment within the first 24 hours
- Offering disability assessments
- A prognosis including permanent injury loss of function schedules
- Expert medico-legal witnesses for their respective specialties and second opinion consultations
- Written reports that are concise and follow all legal requirements
If you live in or near Valley Stream or Oceanside, then Comprehensive Healthcare Group should be your first choice when it comes to treating job-related injuries. Our team has been trained in caring for the injuries that can occur in the workplace. As experts in workers compensation, we will be able to draw up the best treatment plan for you.
Workers Compensation and Work Conditioning Programs:
Our team will work side by side with case managers and safety managers communicating effectively to aid in the effort of solving your case. Our program will involve specific return to work activities to replicate a typical work day for you to ensure that you have the tools and knowledge to return to work safely, as well as help in making corrections to your form and function so that you can build strength, endurance, and knowledge. Whether you work at a high labor intensive job or a desk job, we will teach you the correct body ergonomics needed to help prevent injury at work.
Workers comp in Oceanside
Immediate action is essential when it comes to on the job injuries. If you are someone who is looking for workers comp in Oceanside or Valley Stream, make an appointment with our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today!
Wednesday, September 5th, 2018
Chiropractor in Valley Stream
When it comes to alleviating pain, one popular treatment option that is available to patients is chiropractic care. Chiropractic care takes a natural and holistic approach to health. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our chiropractor in Valley Stream can utilize several traditional and cutting-edge chiropractic services to treat a wide variety of different conditions.
What is Chiropractic Care?
At its core, chiropractic care is used to treat issues that affect the musculoskeletal system. Our chiropractors will utilize hands-on and alternative medical techniques to alleviate pain and to bring the body back into its proper alignment. The goal is to support and enhance the body’s natural healing process. Some of the most popular techniques that fall under chiropractic care include the following:
- Spinal Manipulation
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation:
- Massage Therapy
- Nutritional Support
- Exercise Therapy
Chiropractic Care Benefits:
Chiropractic care can offer patients with many benefits that they might not experience with using a more traditional treatment option. Here are some of the most important benefits that come with using chiropractic care.
It can treat many injuries/conditions: Our chiropractor in Valley Stream can use chiropractic care to treat many different injuries and conditions. Some of the major injuries/conditions include the following:
- Lower-back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
It is incredibly safe: One of the most important benefits of chiropractic care is the fact that it is noninvasive and safe. When faced with a painful condition or injury, many people will considerer undergoing surgery to stop the pain. While it can be effective, surgery can also be invasive and even dangerous. At the same time, some procedures require a lengthy recovery period. Chiropractic care has none of these negatives and is still effective at eliminating the pain.
It is natural: Another significant benefit of chiropractic care is the fact that it utilizes natural methods to treat patients. Some people will be prescribed pain medication after they suffer an injury to manage their symptoms. Pain medication can cause disruptive side effects. Addiction is also a risk of using pain medication. Chiropractic care has no risk for addiction, and the side effects are usually insignificant.
Chiropractor in Valley Stream
Overall, Chiropractic care is a safer and often more effective alternative to traditional treatment options such as surgery and pain medication. After determining which technique is right for you, our chiropractor in Valley Stream will develop a treatment plan that is specifically designed to meet your needs and objectives. If you are interested in learning more about chiropractic care, contact us today.
Monday, August 27th, 2018
It’s that time of year again! We have reached that point in the summer where many of us pack up, leave town, and go on a nice relaxing vacation. But getting to your destination is often a hassle and can ultimately put a lot of stress on your lower back. Avoiding long periods of travel cramped up in a car or plane can be difficult when going on vacation. Despite this, there are still some steps you can take to reduce lower back pain and prevent injuries while traveling this summer.
At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we offer chiropractic services that can treat a wide range of injuries and conditions. This summer, our chiropractor in Oceanside and Valley Stream will be able to help prevent your vacation from being ruined by lower back pain. Here are some steps you can take to prevent lower back pain while traveling this summer:
- Get Comfortable Immediately: Before you leave for your trip, make sure that you are as comfortable as possible while sitting in your seat to avoid future pain. You can achieve this by doing the following:
- Removing your wallet, keys, or phone from your back pocket to avoid problems with your spine alignment.
- Focus on your posture. Make sure to sit up straight with your chin pulled in and your legs uncrossed.
- Utilize a seat cushion for extra support. A rolled up jacket or sweater can also do the trick.
- Get Up And Stretch: Your spine will need a break from sitting down. Sitting in one spot for too long will cause your muscles to stiffen up and spasm, resulting in added stress and pain on your spine. If you get up to stretch every 20-30 minutes, it will allow for proper blood flow which brings oxygen and nutrients to your lower back. Our chiropractor in Oceanside and Valley Stream can also show you several exercises that will assist with preventing lower back pain during travel.
- Bring An Ice Pack/Heat Pack: Inflammation will often accompany lower back pain. Using an ice pack will reduce inflammation and muscle soreness while you travel. Heat packs can also be useful in alleviating lower back pain by loosening up the muscles. Portable heat packs and long-lasting heat wraps are convenient to have during any long trips this summer.
- Pack Properly: Not only are heavy bags an inconvenience, but they can create a lot of strain and stress on your back. You can avoid this by using a light suitcase with wheels instead of a bulky duffle bag. Also, make sure that you only bring what is necessary for the trip. The more items you pack, the more strain will be put on your back. Backpacks are also beneficial because they evenly distribute the weight on your shoulders.
Monday, August 20th, 2018
As an athlete, physical therapy is a crucial component of recovering from injuries, both on and off the field. Even during the off-season, physical therapy is essential for returning to peak physical strength. Physical therapy provides many benefits to the body in the aftermath of an injury. By supporting the body, physical therapy will allow the injury to heal more effectively than it would under normal conditions. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we offer many different services for athletes who have suffered injuries. Our physical therapist in Oceanside and Valley Stream can assist athletes with their recovery and help them return to the field as quickly and safely as possible.
How Physical Therapy Helps Recovery:
Our physical therapist in Oceanside and Valley Stream will start by working with you to create a customized treatment plan based on the nature of your injury. This treatment plan will be designed to meet your physical needs and personal objectives. Our treatment plans are primarily composed of the following:
- Ice/Heat Therapy
The purpose of these specific techniques is to:
- Restore range of motion
- Decrease pain and stress on the body
- Develop strength and flexibility
- Increase endurance
Why Physical Therapy is Especially Important for Athletes:
Utilizing physical therapy after an injury could mean the difference between a short and productive recovery, and a long, drawn-out recovery. Physical therapy is particularly important for athletes, as not having physical therapy after an injury could put their athletic careers in jeopardy. Just because an injury occurs during the off-season, it does not diminish the importance of receiving physical therapy. Off-season physical therapy ensures that your body is healthy and in shape before the season starts.
Physical therapy goes beyond just recovery, as it also works to improve the body as a whole. If you are an athlete that has experienced an injury, contact our physical therapist in Oceanside or Valley Stream today!
Monday, August 13th, 2018
No matter what your career is, working can take a heavy toll on the body. If you have recently suffered a work-related injury, chiropractic care may be an effective, alternative avenue for pain relief. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our chiropractor in Valley Stream or Oceanside can provide you with a wide range of chiropractic services to treat your work-related injury.
What is Chiropractic treatment?
Chiropractic treatment is a natural approach to healthcare which focuses on diagnosing and treating disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Treatment consists primarily of manual spinal adjustments aimed at properly aligning the body and restoring maximum mobility.
Injuries in the workplace
At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our team of experts can work with you to address and repair a variety of injuries and conditions that can happen in the workplace. Some of the most common workplace injuries include the following:
- Shoulder Pain
- Strains and Sprains
Causes of Workplace Injuries:
Some common causes of workplace injuries include the following:
Injuries stemming from repetitive motions: Repetitive motions include typing, lifting heavy objects, and even sitting at a desk all day. These actions can gradually cause an injury if you fail to take frequent breaks to give your body a rest.
Overexertion: Many jobs require constant, intense physical engagement such as lifting, bending, standing, etc., which can lead to injury or chronic pain.
Falling: Slipping, falling, and other accidents are common in many jobs and can lead to injury which demands immediate treatment.
How can we help?
Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our team of experienced chiropractors will work to help you recover from your workplace injury. In addition to pain relief and speeding up your recovery, we can also improve your body's wellness and functionality.
Some of the treatment methods we can use to treat a workplace injury include:
- Spinal Manipulation/Adjustment
- Exercise Therapy
- Nutritional Support
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
Workplace injuries are incredibly common and can impact the body in a variety of ways depending on the nature of your job. Luckily, chiropractic treatment is an excellent means of relieving work induced pain. Our chiropractor in Valley Stream or Oceanside can help your body return to normalcy.
Monday, August 6th, 2018
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition that causes pain, tingling, and numbness throughout the hand and arm due to a pinched nerve in the wrist. This nerve is the median nerve located on the palm side of your hand. This nerve also provides sensation and nerve signals to the muscles surrounding the thumb. If you are seeking treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome, contact us today to get connected for physical medicine in Oceanside or Valley Stream.
- Numbness, tingling, and pain in your thumb and fingers
- Pain and burning that moves up the arm
- Wrist pain that occurs at night and interferes with sleep
- Weakness in your hand muscles
Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when your wrist experiences too much pressure, which then causes the median nerve to become pinched as it moves through the wrist. Sources of carpal tunnel syndrome include the following:
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Fluid retention from pregnancy or menopause
- High blood pressure
- Autoimmune disorders
- Fractures or trauma to the wrist
Overextension of the wrist is also a leading cause of carpal tunnel syndrome. The following examples will often lead to overextended wrists:
- The position of your wrist when you are using a keyboard or mouse
- When you use vibrating power/hand tools
- Any repeated movements that overextend your wrist, such as playing the piano
Softer Touch: You may not realize it, but you could be using more pressure than you need to in your daily tasks. Your hand and wrist will benefit from using a gentler grip.
Take Breaks: Taking a 10-15 minute break to stretch your hands will help to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome. Try making a fist and then fan out your fingers as far as you can 5-10 times during this break time.
Change It Up: You should avoid repeating the same hand and wrist motions. Try switching hands or mixing up your tasks, which will reduce the pressure on your hands and wrist.
Watch Your Form: Try not to bend your wrist all the way up or down. Keeping it at a neutral, middle level is best.
When it comes to treating carpal tunnel syndrome, there are many options available. These treatments range from making lifestyle changes to seeking physical therapy. One popular treatment option includes seeking physical medicine in Oceanside or Valley Stream like us in order to receive an effective course of action. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we are a multi-disciplinary practice offering a wide range of different treatment options for our patients.
Are you interested in setting up an appointment for physical medicine in Oceanside or Valley Stream? Be sure to contact us today.