Friday, March 15th, 2019
Are you experiencing pain, soreness or stiffness surrounding your neck area? In most cases, this is one of the most telling signs of a whiplash injury. Whiplash occurs from the rapid forward and backward motion of the head. This type of injury is often caused by car accidents, but can also arise from a workplace injury, primarily one that requires the actions of physical labor. If you think you are experiencing whiplash as a result of a work injury, contact our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group to seek workers comp in Oceanside.
Some of the more common symptoms of whiplash can include but are not limited to the following:
- Neck pain, stiffness, or soreness.
- Increased neck pain with movement.
- Pain in the shoulder or back.
- Pain, numbness or tingling in the arm or hands.
These symptoms can range depending on the severity of the injury. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is necessary to get the help you need. Symptoms that don’t appear to be dissipating are especially circumspect.
What is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic care focuses on the body’s musculoskeletal structure, often centering around the spine. Chiropractic care uses hands-on manipulation to reduce pain in the body’s muscles, joints, ligaments, bones, and tendons. This manipulation can help restore mobility of joints and tissue that were once restricted by the injury.
Why is Chiropractic Care a Good Option for Whiplash?
Whiplash can cause injury to the neck, back, shoulders, arms, and hands. Chiropractic care can help reduce the pain that may occur in these areas of the body while increasing the body’s mobility. With the manipulation performed, your body can start the healing process faster, as opposed to enduring the pain without any treatment. Chiropractic care can also reduce the stiffness in your neck and allow for a broader range of motion. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we can help you decide the best treatment plan for your type of injury.
Do not suffer in discomfort from your whiplash any longer. Reach out to our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group to seek workers comp in Oceanside and to start your recovery process today!
Saturday, March 2nd, 2019
Running is a great way to get outside and get active-- it requires no equipment and it’s free! Runners are notorious for their persistence and stamina through tough workouts. However, it is possible for one to push themselves too hard, leading to an injury. Comprehensive Healthcare Group has treated a number of patients that experience both mild and severe running injuries. With running season here for the summer, it is critical to educate yourself on the possible injuries you become susceptible to and how to prevent them. Our team offers a variety of services to get you back on your feet if you fall victim to an injury!
Common Running Injuries:
If you are a runner it is very likely to experience one of the following injuries:
- Stress Fracture - For runners, it is common to sustain a stress fracture in the foot and shin. This hairline crack in the bone causes pain and discomfort in the surrounding area. A stress fracture is an overuse injury. If you continue to run and exercise with a stress fracture, the pain will worsen. Seeking out help from our team as well as resting is critical.
- Shin Splints - Shin splints are one of the most popular injuries amongst frequent runners. A shin splint can occur along the shin bone, on the inside and front of the lower leg. A shin splint will most likely occur if you abruptly change your exercises or distances.
- For example, if you typically run short distance but decide to switch to a longer distance, or are running for a longer period of time, you may begin to experience aches and pains.
- Runner’s Knee - Runner’s knee is an overuse injury and can be caused by a variety of factors. With immoderate exercise and continuous strain, the cartilage surrounding your kneecap will dissolve. Pain occurs when using stairs, squatting, and sitting with bent knees for extended periods of time.
Any runner can fall victim to injury, but more importantly, we need to know the proper steps towards preventing them. When sustaining any injury, it is critical to seek immediate medical attention. If an injury is neglected, your condition can worsen over time. Comprehensive Healthcare Group is dedicated to getting you back on your feet! Our practice offers a variety of treatment options and plans that cater specifically to your needs and goals. Schedule an appointment with us today!